Art & Animation Internship/Co-op
Creating visually stunning, immersive games is an art that takes a tremendous amount of skill and talent. EA Artists are responsible for creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, and even user interface components. Other Artists bring the game to life with animation, lighting and visual effects and draw the gamer into an immersive experience where they can suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with the game and enjoy the ride. Some games go for a look that is as realistic as possible, while others aim to be more stylized or fantastical. In the end, the look of a game is one of the most significant factors contributing to the overall success of the game. An Artist at EA may have several areas of emphasis including character ideation and design, environment ideation and design, component ideation and design, and animation and rigging. Artists at EA work in a variety of roles include Environmental Artist, Animator, and 3D Modeler.
- Currently enrolled in a BA or MA program majoring in Fine Arts, Visual Art, Studio Art, Computer Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Illustration or related field
- Portfolio that demonstrates:
- Excellent traditional illustration skills in a variety of media
- Excellent drawing skills
- Ability to think in 3D
- Skilled in the use of line, light, and shadow
- Experience with storytelling and concept development
- Breadth of artistic styles
- Understanding of color theory
- Experience with Maya/3D Max
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Demo reel (for animation candidates)
Lizette, VFX Artist – Gothenburg, Sweden
"I’ve always liked working with people and therefore I was a bit sad when I chose the path of computer graphics; thinking that I would only work with computers, like a robot, but I was so wrong! Working at EA has truly taught me that it’s equally, if not more, important to be able to communicate and work well with people. I feel that it’s a great environment to grow and live in, which has been confirmed by the many wonderful people I’ve met. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so inspired, empowered and welcome at any other place before. This is why I love my job and why I’m looking forward to see what the future holds."
To see current and upcoming art & animation internship/co-op openings, click here.