Last updated 19th of May, 2016.
This Policy sets out how EA uses data from candidates it considers and/or recruits for a position at EA Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide (“EA”). By registering for an EA Jobs Board or Talent Acquisition Account ("Account(s)"), or by using this site or any other EA online or mobile recruitment product or service, or otherwise interacting with EA’s recruiters verbally or in writing (“EA Recruitment Service(s)”), you agree to this Policy.
Accounts and global EA Recruitment Services are owned and operated by Electronic Arts Inc., located at 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, California, USA. Local Recruitment Services are owned and operated by the relevant local EA entity.
From time to time we may modify this Policy, please review it frequently. For official notifications of material changes, we will place a notice on www.careers.ea.com letting you know when they will take effect. Your continued use of your Account and/or EA’s Recruitment Services will indicate your acceptance of such changes. EA will not enforce material changes without your explicit consent.
I. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal and non-personal information (together, “Information”) as follows:
- Information (including name, e-mail address, resume or other information from which your identity is discernible) you submit on registration for an Account or when using EA Recruitment Services.
- Information we collect using Google Analytics cookies, see below.
- Information we collect from third party public sources, such as LinkedIn.
In addition, you may choose to submit materials demonstrating your skills and abilities for review by EA (“Material(s)”). Please note Materials are not generally required. If submitted, we will use your Material only for evaluation purposes and will not make any copies without your permission, nor will we distribute any copies of the Material to any third parties. We will return or destroy all copies of your Material upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request. EA engages in a continuous program to develop new products and ideas internally, and we also regularly receive other submissions for consideration. The products, ideas or concepts that EA develops internally or that others submit may be similar to your Material. As a result, we cannot agree to treat as confidential any Material you submit, even if it is marked as confidential or proprietary. Our acceptance or review of your Material does not imply that we will use, develop or market your Material. Nor does our review of your Material prevent us from using, developing, or marketing technologies, ideas or products that may be similar in concept or idea to your Material.
II. Cookies, GIFs, web beacons
We use Google Analytics cookies on this site (_utma,_utmb,_utmc,_utmz) to collect information about how our site is used, compile reports, and improve the site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of site visitors, where they have come to the site from and the pages visited. For more information about Google’s privacy practices click here and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here.
You can disable cookies, limit the types of cookies you allow, or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. Please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org or the guidance provided by your individual web browser if you’d like help in managing your cookie preferences.
III. How do we use your Information?
EA will use your Information to:
- Provide the EA Recruitment Services.
- Manage your relationship with us.
- Contact you (including by email) about suitable job opportunities as they arise.
- Assess your eligibility for available positions at EA.
- Process your job application(s).
- Invite you to EA recruitment events (including by email).
- Send you EA recruitment newsletters by email.
- In aggregate and anonymous form only, for EA’s business planning, analysis of hire trends and internal data reporting purposes.
We use reasonable safeguards to limit access to your Information to those at EA seeking/considering a candidate for a position. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and details of job openings by email from EA at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting JobSiteDataPrivacy@EA.com.
IV. Does EA share your Information?
As part of the application process and, for successful candidates during your employment, we may share your Information as follows:
- With EA's affiliates, subsidiaries and otherwise within the EA group and with third party recruitment service providers for the purposes explained in this Policy where it would be appropriate or useful to do so.
- With third parties that work with EA to organize and manage data on our behalf (“Service Providers”). In these circumstances your Information will not be used by Service Providers for any other purpose and Service Providers will use reasonable security precautions to protect Information.
- In circumstances where we are legally required to do so.
- In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger or sale, we may transfer all Information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
V. Where will your Information be stored?
EA participates in the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework for the collection, use, and retention of data from Switzerland. While EA relies on various mechanisms to effectuate cross-border transfers, we continue to adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
VI. How does EA protect Information?
Security is a priority at EA and we take a range of measures to help protect information including encryption and access control. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your Information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your Information under our control.
VII. For how long does EA retain your Information?
EA retains your Information for as long as your Account(s) remain active; as needed to provide EA Recruitment Services; and/or where we have a legitimate business purpose to do so, save for any Materials which are returned or destroyed upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request. See below for details of how to request deletion your Information. Note: if you do not log into your EA Jobs Board user profile for a specified period, your Information will be automatically deleted from the EA Job Board database.
On deletion of your Information we may retain:
- Limited personal information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
- Anonymous, non-personal information for EA’s business planning, analysis of hire trends and internal data reporting purposes.
- there is a legal requirement to do so;
- to resolve disputes;
- to enforce this Policy; and/or
- due to technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of EA’s websites.
VIII. How do you access/amend/delete your Information?
Where you have registered for an EA Jobs Board account, you can review, correct, update or delete your Information by accessing your user profile online.
If your Account(s) are deleted, you will not be considered for an available position at EA unless you submit your Information through another means.
IX. Contact EA
If you have questions about this Policy please email JobSiteDataPrivacy@EA.com.